Melbourne Chapter, Thu, 14 Jun 2018 at 6:00 pm
Your Networking Opportunities:
A key feature of our monthly chapter meetings in this really good meeting venue is the Special Huddles Networking Session where you have the opportunity to make new friendships with like-minded colleagues, to help you build your skills and knowledge and to improve your trading / investing results. Of course, you will also be able to network with your existing friends and colleagues and talk about the markets — both past market performance, and where the market might be going to in the near future.
Visitors are welcome. First visit free, subsequent visits $40.
All first-time visitors and new members are welcome to join in the “Newbies Huddle” during the networking session. This will provide you with information about the ATAA, and the basics about Technical Analysis, and some tips about going forward. If a member is responsible for signing up a new member, the member can receive a discount off their next annual membership renewal fee (to be noted on the New Member sign-up form).
5:00 to 6:00 pm: Informal Networking Session — Mingling with your colleagues.
ibis Hotel, Level 1, 15-24 Therry Street, Melbourne
6:00 to 6:30 pm: Special Huddle Session — Focused networking so that members can “talk shop” on a particular topic and seek out some great tips and hints. What is your favourite topic? Also the special Beginners and New Members (Newbies) Huddle for the new folk — to help explain about the ATAA, and about Technical Analysis.
6:30 to 6:35 pm: Notices and Updates
6:35 to 6:55 pm: Ray Weatherby – Quant Trader
Topic: - “ATAA Education Course”
Ray will demonstrate the materials for the new Home Study Course that has been launched by ATAA.
He will also give some insights from the recent Education Survey.
Ray's qualifications are in control engineering. His career encompassed systems development for manufacturing and high tech R&D companies, followed by IT management for major oil companies, consulting partner with big four consulting firm and various major IT companies. Recently he was project director for a major Australian bank's global markets risk management systems. He has lived and worked across the globe. Ray's interests now are developing his own trading systems based on quantitative methods.
6:55 to 7:00 pm: Short break
7:00 to 8:00pm: Mark Bennell — Private Trader & Educator
Topic: - “How to Avoid 70% of Failed Breakouts”
How to avoid 70% of failed breakouts
- What is a failed breakout
- What usually causes a failed breakout
- What to look for prior to the breakout
- How to identify accumulation or distribution
- What are the best types of breakouts
Currently Mark is in his 10th year trading full time, having previously traded for 3 years part time.
His previous occupations include: General Manager of a Civil Engineering & Construction company, Projects Manager and Technical Sales Representative.
Primary activities - Self-funded Private Trader, Technical Analyst and Trading Mentor.
Other activities - Provide daily live Forex market analysis and trade recommendations, educational material and Mentoring services for a leading Forex signals and training company.
Mark’s trading qualifications and skills include
- Certified Financial Technician (CFTe) (IFTA)
- Diploma of Technical Analysis (ATAA)
- Diploma of Share Trading and Investment (Distinction average)
- Daytrader Trading course with Daryl Morley
- Elliot wave training with Elliot Wave International
- The TPM Trading Method, Advanced Scalping Techniques & Advanced Gap Strategies with a well-known American Trading education company
- Numerous short courses, books and self-directed study including trading strategies, technical analysis and trading psychology
Mark’s presentations, interviews, articles, etc include:
- On stage interview and presentation for Australian Technical Analysts Association – Victorian chapter
- Appeared in Trader’s Edge magazine in Australia, ‘Traders Story’ article
- Appeared on stage for ‘Ask the Trader’ session for Wealth Within Institute at ‘Art of Trading’ weekend workshop on 2 occasions
- Other online interviews and trading analysis sessions
Mark’s trading preferences include CFD & Stock trading on weekly and daily timeframe, intraday on ASX stocks, Forex trading and Emini futures scalping on 5m/1m timeframes
8:15 pm: Dinner and more networking
Place dinner orders at the bar before 6:30pm.
ibis Melbourne Hotel, 15-21 Therry Street, Melbourne, (near Victoria Street)
How to get there:
Train: Melbourne Central railway station 550 metres
Trams in Elizabeth and Swanston Streets
Car Parking: CBD Car Park, 58 Franklin Street
Please note: Some traffic interruptions along parts of Franklin St due to long-term works for Metro Rail Tunnel.
Next Meeting Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018
Next Meeting Venue: ibis Melbourne Hotel, 15-21 Therry St, Melbourne 3000
Further Information: Paul Ash - Melbourne ATAA Chapter President
Next Meeting Speaker: Tim Klingner
Next Meeting Normally Held: Generally the second Thursday of each Month
- Thu, 14 Jun 2018 06:00 PM
Powered by iCagenda