Brisbane face-to-face meeting - 14 May 2022
Please note this meeting will only be free to ATAA members and registered visitors.
ATAA Brisbane Chapter Face-to-Face Meeting - Saturday, 14 May 2022 at 9:00 am.
9:00 - 9:30: Meet and greet with tea & coffee
9:30 - 10:00: Welcome and Introduction
10:00 - 12:00: A Trading System that Profits from a Selloff - by David Walker
Strong trending stocks often experience significant sell offs on their journey upwards. Is it possible to profit from these selloffs without just trying to catch falling knives? This presentation will evaluate a rules based trading system that profitably trades these scenarios. The presentation will cover the concept and design of the trading system, provide detailed evaluation of trades and backtesting results through multiple market conditions, deep-dive on a couple of the components of the trade system, and briefly consider combination of this long system with a corresponding short system.
David Walker is an (almost!) full time algorithmic trader. With a professional background in chemistry and mathematics, David has been developing algorithmic trading systems since 2019 and now trades multiple systems on the major US markets. David is a member of the Brisbane chapter.
12:00 - 1:00: Lunch
1:00 - 2:30: An analysis of stocks in Gary Burton's MACD/RSI trading plan.
• Will analyse the new strocks on the list with regard to entry, exit and profit.
2:30 - 3:30: What role can Volume play in the analysis of a trade entry?
This short presentation will look at the first two chapters of the book - Trend Qualification and Trading by L.A. Little where the author discusses the Dow theory model (as presented by Gary Burton) and suggests an imporvement by the addition of Volume. This topic should make for an interesting discussion.
3:30: Meeting close.
Lunch: There are restaurants nearby and a refrigerator is available for those bringing lunch.
Further Information: Tim Young - Brisbane ATAA Chapter President - 0414873003
Next Meeting Date: 11 June 2022
Future meetings: Usually held on the second Saturday of the month
143 Ann Street, Brisbane CBD
The Brisbane chapter will be meeting at 143 Ann Street, Brisbane CBD, Presbyterian Church Administration building (the entrance is set-back from the street).
For those parking off-site, or coming by public transport, entrance to the building is via the front door; please ring one of the following numbers to get in:
Jerry Bongard: 0414 204 670
Tim Young: 0414 873 003
Car parking details below:
The closest car park is the King George Square car park. Saturday $10 for 8 hours.
Wickham Terrace car park: Saturday $5 all day. (Both are Brisbane City Council car parks).
Post Office Square Car Park
Entrance: 223-235 Adelaide Street, Brisbane
Saturday: $16 – 24 hours
The Myer Centre car park
Entrance: 66 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane
Saturday: $11 exit before 7pm.
How to attend this meeting:
The meeting is free to members and visitors and all attendees are required to register for this event.
Non-Members - To Register for this meeting:
- Non-members will need to be a registered as a visitor to attend this session. If you are already a registered visitor, please logon with your existing details.
- If you are new to the ATAA, please sign up to the website as a registered visitor at no cost, by clicking on the “Join ATAA” button in the top right hand corner of the home page. Follow the prompts and enter your details to become a Registered Visitor. This will also allow you access to view the benefits of becoming a member including being sent our monthly newsletter.
- After logging on, select the event you are interested in attending from the home page and click on the “REGISTER” button at the bottom of the page.
- On the registration confirmation page, enter your payment details or your first time visitor coupon code and click on the “PROCESS REGISTRATION” button.
- A link with the meeting details will be sent to your email address.
|Event Date||Sat 14 May 2022 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||Sat 14 May 2022 4:00 pm|
|Individual Price||Free for members|
|Location||New location: 143 Ann St., Brisbane City|