The Melbourne Quantitative Traders Group (MEL SIG QTG) meets monthly to discuss quantitative system development. In 2020-2021 the SIG is reviewing Howard Bandy's Quantitative Trading Systems book at the pace of a chapter a month, usually followed by chart/coding discussions.
About the Melbourne Quant Traders Special Interest Group
The Melbourne Quantitative Traders are a "Special Interest Group" (SIG) formed from the Melbourne Chapter of the ATAA. The group has been meeting monthly since September 2008. The group is open to any interested member of the ATAA. The objective of the group is to explore "Quantitative Methods" in Technical Analysis. These methods include advanced mathematics, statistics, computer programming and Machine Learning. The group focuses on discussion between members and reviews of the published work of authors who specialise in this rapidly developing subset of Technical Analysis. Group projects are initiated and SIG members present their systems for comment and review. If you are a member of the ATAA and would like to attend, come along to a meeting.
- General Announcements
- Round the table: Updates, findings, interesting topics, areas of research, trading ideas, personal achievements, or questions for the group
- Presentation: David Walker - Automated Trading with the Interactive Brokers API
- Hybrid Wrap-Up
- Unstructured networking for F2F attendees
- Arrive a few minutes before the start in case you need to iron out any technical issues
- Keep your mic muted unless you need to speak (mic icon at foot of window)
- Use a headset or mic and headphones if you can. Avoid using mic and speakers.
- We prefer video and camera on so we can have eye contact (camera icon at foot of window)
- Use the Chat facility to exchange messages, links etc during the meeting