Sydney - Thursday 10th March 2016 at 5:15pm for 5:30pm
Thu, 10 Mar 2016 05:45 AM - 06:15 AM
Symantec House, Level 5, 207 Kent Street, Sydney
|PLEASE NOTE: CHANGE OF VENUE
Venue: Symantec House, Level 5, 207 Kent Street, Sydney
Note: Special Meeting featuring Dr Van Tharp
ATAA Members - no charge.
Visitors are welcome. First visit is free, subsequent visits $40.
5:30pm: Refreshments & Visitor Registrations
6:00pm: Welcome & Opening Announcements
6:05pm: Gary Burton - Global markets and where too the new year.
Gary is the Sydney ATAA Chapter President and has been a professional technical analyst and trader for over 10 years. He is currently a technical analyst for First Prudential Markets. Gary contributes to Your Trading Edge and has been a regular guest on Sky Business program “Your Money, Your Call” as a technical analyst. Previously he was an educator with Gryphon Learning and has presented at various Trading and Investment Expos around Australia.
6.20pm: Dr. Van Tharp - Guest Presenter
Dr. Tharp will discuss unique learning strategies and his techniques for producing great traders.
In this presentation, Dr Tharp will discuss a range of topics, incuding,
- Trading and investing are very simple processes and we human beings try to make it into something much more complex.
- Understanding of risk as most traders do not have understanding of risk, what is a risk and how to overcome fear of risk.
- Understanding of yourself as a trader or investor, which is fundamental to success
- Taking Your Trading to the Next Level
To become a truly great trader, you need a solid psychological foundation and an understanding of what great traders do (the trading process)
What Members can expect:
- System Development. Everyone is looking for the Holy Grail in the markets. How do you find the ideal trading system
- Psychology of Trading. Perfectionism, gambling, unnecessary losses, not being able to pull the trigge.
- Risk and R-Multiples. Risk to most people seems to be an indefinable fear-based term – it is often equated with the probability of losing.
- Position Sizing™. Position sizing is the part of your trading system that tells you “how much.” How many shares or contracts should you take per trade?
- Managing Risk. Members can learn how to manage risk in mind and in trading.
- Learn how to adapt your trading. One of the real secrets of trading success is to think in terms of risk-to-reward ratios every time you take a trade.
- Learn how to manage positions using Dr Tharp R – Multiple systems.
6:50pm: Refreshment and Networking Break
7.05pm: Dr. Van Tharp continues
7.50pm: Closing Announcements - Gary Burton Sydney Chapter President
Gary Burton, Chapter President 0409 025 723
Sam Khawaja, Vice President 0449 627 538
Next meeting: April - To be advised
Future meetings: Usually on the third Monday of each month
Powered by iCagenda