Perth - Thursday 16 June 2016 5:45pm for 6:15pm
Venue: St. Catherine’s College, corner of Stirling Highway and Winthrop Avenue, Crawley (entrance off Stirling Highway). Click here to view map .
Please note Parking Arrangements at St Catherine’s
The Front Car Park is for now available for meeting attendees. A permit which is available at the ATAA meeting reception desk must be displayed on the dash of the vehicle. All vehicles parked on St Catherine’s grounds must display a permit to avoid a fine. Free parking is still available in the three hour bays along Park Road and outside the UWA Recreation Centre.
Additional Parking at St Catherine’s
Additional parking is now available. Click here to view map.
Visitors are welcome. First visit is free. Subsequent visits $40. No booking required.
6:15pm: Welcome and Announcements
6:20pm: Bruce Wood - My approach and experiences to designing, developing and testing a Rules Based Trading Systems
In this presentation, Bruce will share his knowledge and experiences on how to design and develop a Rules Based Trading System for a portfolio of stocks for investment. This should be very helpful information for a personal investor, or someone managing a SMSF?
The topics discussed will include:
• What are the popular types of Rules Based Trading Systems, and what is the best Trading System to compliment my own personal requirements and objectives?
• What personal requirements do I need to consider when designing a Trading System?
• Back-testing – what are the back-testing results telling us? What data is impressive, and what are the areas of concern?
• Risk? Let’s be realistic - there will be stressful times when the market or our portfolio is under-performing. Do I have the confidence in my Trading System to know what to expect and to be comfortable during these uncertain times?
• The final assessment – Combining all the test data results together (the Profitability, the Risks, and the concerns) and doing an objective evaluation on the overall suitability of the Trading System.
Bruce Wood is a private trader. His professional career spanning over 35 years was in major corporate, Financial Services, covering a diversified range of roles including:
• Banking and Finance
• Treasury Banking – Foreign Exchange and Money Market and Derivatives
• Corporate Investor Relations
• Superannuation Administration
• Project Manager / Business Analyst
Bruce has been a full-time trader on his own account since 2010. He has been trading Rules Based Trading Systems since 2003, and today devotes a significant portion of his working time into the design and ongoing development of Rules Based Trading Systems.
Bruce is an ATAA member, and served on the Sydney Chapter council in 2014 – 2015.
8.00 for 8.15 pm - After Meeting Dinner
Tiamo Restaurant (200m walk up Hampden Road).
Derek Locke: 0447 744 493
Julian Burridge: 08 9284 2092
Next meeting: 21st July
Next speaker: Darryl Nagel
Future meetings: Usually the 3rd Thursday of each month
Powered by iCagenda