Melbourne Quant Traders SIG Online - May 2022
Please note that this in-person and online meeting will only be available to financial members of the ATAA
About the Melbourne Quant Traders SIG
The Melbourne Quantitative Traders are a "Special Interest Group" (SIG) formed from the Melbourne Chapter of the ATAA. The group has been meeting monthly since September 2008 in Hawthorn East. The group is open to any interested member of the ATAA. The objective of the group is to explore "Quantitative Methods" in Technical Analysis. These methods include advanced mathematics, statistics, computer programming and Machine Learning. The group focuses on discussion between members and reviews of the published work of authors who specialise in this rapidly developing subset of Technical Analysis. Group projects are initiated and SIG members present their systems for comment and review. If you are a member of the ATAA and would like to attend, come along to a meeting.
Please note that this meeting is our first Hybrid meeting - Face to face (F2F) in Melbourne, and online on Zoom.
If you're in Melbourne, the venue is: Room 1, Hawthorn Library 584 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn VIC 3122
Chairman: Alan Clement
- General Announcements
- Round the table: Updates, findings, interesting topics, areas of research, trading ideas, personal achievements, or questions for the group
- Presentation: David Walker - Automated Trading with the Interactive Brokers API
- Hybrid Wrap-Up
- Unstructured networking for F2F attendees
Online Meeting Etiquette:
- Arrive a few minutes before the start in case you need to iron out any technical issues
- Keep your mic muted unless you need to speak (mic icon at foot of window)
- We prefer video and camera on so we can have eye contact (camera icon at foot of window)
- Use the Chat facility to exchange messages, links etc during the meeting
How To Join This Meeting
ATAA Members - To Register for this session:
- Logon using your existing details and click on the “REGISTER” button at the bottom of the event page.
- On the registration confirmation page, click on the “PROCESS REGISTRATION” button.
- A link with the meeting details will be sent to your email address.
Meetings Normally Held: Generally the fourth Monday of each Month
|Event Date||Mon 23 May 2022 7:30 pm|
|Individual Price||Free for ATAA Members Only|
|Location||Room 1, Hawthorn Library|