MEL Quant Traders SIG, Mon, 20 Jan 2020 at 7:30 pm
East Hawthorn 3123, Vic
Visitors Welcome: First visit free, further visits as an ATAA member.
About the Melbourne Quant Traders SIG
The Melbourne Quantitative Traders are a "Special Interest Group" (SIG) formed from the Melbourne Chapter of the ATAA. The group has been meeting monthly since September 2008 in Hawthorn East. The group is open to any interested member of the ATAA. The objective of the group is to explore "Quantitative Methods" in Technical Analysis. These methods include advanced mathematics, statistics, computer programming and Machine Learning. The group focuses on discussion between members and reviews of the published work of authors who specialise in this rapidly developing subset of Technical Analysis. Group projects are initiated and SIG members present their systems for comment and review. If you are a member of the ATAA and would like to attend, come along to a meeting.
Venue: William Tresise Community Centre, 37 Bowler St, Hawthorn East 3123. (NE Cnr, Munro & Bowler Streets)
AmiBroker – Tips and Tricks: 7:30 to 8:00 pm
Details to be advised
Main Meeting: 8:00 to 9:30 pm
- General ATAA Announcements (5 minutes) including the Annual conference in May (registrations now open)
- Round the table trading experiences and ideas on the markets (20 minutes)
- Networking with other members (20 minutes)
- Starting with the November 2019 meeting we are going through Howard Bandy's Quantitative Trading Systems. 2nd Edition 2011. .This book gives an excellent in-depth coverage of Quant systems development. We start this month at Chapter 2 Data. There have been some changes to data sources since the book was written, so contributions will be welcome. It is strongly recommended that you read at least chapters 2 and 3 prior to the meeting to maximise the benefit you will get from the discussion (40 minutes)
- Establish the following month’s agenda including the main 40 minute topic, if required, for presentation (5 minutes).
Chairman: Jim Haralambidis
Following Meeting Date: Monday, 17th of February 2020
Meetings Normally Held: Generally the third Monday of each Month
- Mon, 20 Jan 2020 07:30 PM
Powered by iCagenda