MEL Quant Traders SIG, Mon, 18 Nov 2019 at 7:30 pm
East Hawthorn 3123, Vic
Visitors Welcome: First visit free, further visits as an ATAA member.
About the Melbourne Quant Traders SIG
The Melbourne Quantitative Traders are a "Special Interest Group" (SIG) formed from the Melbourne Chapter of the ATAA. The group has been meeting monthly since September 2008 in Hawthorn East. The group is open to any interested member of the ATAA. The objective of the group is to explore "Quantitative Methods" in Technical Analysis. These methods include advanced mathematics, statistics, computer programming and Machine Learning. The group focuses on discussion between members and reviews of the published work of authors who specialise in this rapidly developing subset of Technical Analysis. Group projects are initiated and SIG members present their systems for comment and review. If you are a member of the ATAA and would like to attend, come along to a meeting.
Venue: William Tresise Community Centre, 37 Bowler St, Hawthorn East 3123. (NE Cnr, Munro & Bowler Streets)
AmiBroker – Tips and Tricks: 7:30 to 8:00 pm
Details to be advised
Main Meeting: 8:00 to 9:30 pm
- General ATAA Announcements (5 minutes)
- Round the table trading experiences and ideas on the markets (20 minutes)
- Starting with the November meeting we will be going through Howard Bandy's Quantitative Trading Systems. 2nd Edition 2011. .This book gives an excellent in-depth coverage of Quant systems development. Note that we are not covering the later more advanced Bandy book Quantitative Technical Analysis, as was wrongly stated at the meeting. (40 minutes)
- Networking with other members (20 minutes)
- Establish the following month’s agenda including the main 40 minute topic, if required, for presentation (5 minutes).
Following Meeting Date: Monday, 16th of December 2019 social/networking event only at the Auburn Hotel then Monday, 20th of January 2020
Future Meetings: Generally on the third Monday of the Month.
- Mon, 18 Nov 2019 07:30 PM
Powered by iCagenda