Canberra Chapter, Tue, 18 Feb 2019 at 5:15 pm for 5:30 pm
Visitors are welcome. First visit free, subsequent visits $40.
Members are reminded to bring and wear their membership cards during the meeting.
5:30 pm Introducing your new committee!
Welcome to 2020! We have a brand new committee for the Canberra Chapter this year and they are looking forward to bringing new ideas, different market perspectives and, most importantly, more member involvement in both topics discussed and their presentation.
(NOTE - Our first meeting for the year will be unique and due to our special speaker invited we will not be starting any stock market games this month nor providing a market analysts breakdown. This is to provide both time for committee members to explain our new ideas, for members to provide initial feedback & allow the most time for our speaker; apologies in advance for this..)
Below is a list of topics the new committee will be covering; it would be appreciated if members consider all these prior to attending to allow for consensus or otherwise on;
- “Trade bites”; a 10 minute talk each meeting about some of the key basics of trading
- Mechanical trading STiG’s; both continue last years & garner member enthusiasm to start their own?
- Different share trading comps; Australian & US markets, 3 month mini tournos, long and/or short trading, Gold, Forex, Oil. Are there nominated SMEs who can run these for interested groups?
- Does the group still have interest in continuing with the member library?
- What type of plan B do we want if a speaker cancels/unavailable for a meeting? Special interest groups, watch a video from ATAA Remote blast email? Feedback welcomed
- Is there appetite for members to arrange weekend meetings between themselves to further study trading methods etc, and provide feedback to the group next meeting?
We look forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback.
6:15 pm Tea/Coffee Break A chance for members to mingle and catch up with each other.
6:30 pm Phillip J Anderson - 2020 and beyond
Imagine you could see – with clarity – what will happen in the Australian housing,
stock and commodity markets over the next few years. You’d know exactly the right time to buy a house, apartment or investment property. You’d know the ideal time to profit from stock market sell-off, and you’d have the confidence to invest in assets when most people are running scared.
This talk will revisit (briefly) Phil’s accurate forecasts so far over the past decade,
then go on to outline his opinion of how the economy will unfold into 2026.
Phillip J Anderson Biography
Phillip J Anderson is one of the world’s foremost authorities in the area of business, real estate and commodity cycles. Few economists can traverse across stocks, bonds and real estate like Phillip JAnderson. Overlay that with a raft of graphs covering everything from hemlines, (believe it or not), to skyscrapers, he has kept audiences in a state of economic enlightenment over the last decade.
Author of the best selling book “The Secret Life of Real Estate and Banking” Phil Anderson has a wealth of knowledge concerning international real estate markets that cannot be equalled. As editor of PropertyShareMarketEconomics.com, Phil has a devoted and large following of investors who benefit from his life changing market insights.
8.15 pm Meeting ends.
Post-Meeting Dinner in the Club restaurant for those members and guests who are able to stay on.
Next Meeting Date: Tuesday, 17 March 2020
Next Meeting Speaker: To be advised
Further Information: Darren Wilson - Canberra ATAA Chapter President
Next Meeting Venue: Ainslie Football & Social Club Ltd, 52 Wakefield Avenue, Ainslie ACT
Next Meeting Normally Held: Generally the third Tuesday of each Month
- Tue, 18 Feb 2020 05:30 PM
Powered by iCagenda