Brisbane Chapter, Face-to-Face Meeting - 19 June 2021
Please note this meeting will only be free to ATAA members and registered visitors.
ATAA Brisbane Chapter Face-to-Face Meeting - Saturday, 19 June 2021 commencing at 9:00 am.
The new meeting dates for 2021: 10 July; 7 August; 4 September; 9 October; 6 November; 4 December.
New meeting venue: The Sunnybank Rugby Club is located about 50 metres from the Sunnybank Community and Sports Club and overlooks the main oval with parking at the front of the building. If you have trouble finding the location please call Tim 0414873003.
9:00 - 9:30 am: Meet and greet with tea & coffee
9:30 - 9:45 am: Welcome and Introduction
9:50 - 12:00 am: An Insight into W.D. Gann by Alan Oliver
Born into a poor farming family, W.D.Gann eventually became one of the greatest technical analysts of all time. His work surpassed all expectations in his day, creating trades with 95% success rates due to his unique understanding of Time and Price correlations. He invented many of his own tools and signals, and some of these do look very daunting and intimidating to the common trader.
In this presentation we will look into Gann’s theory of Time and Price, and some of his unique Patterns that give remarkable warnings of runs about to start. Every trader will be able to immediately use these concepts in their own analysis even though these developments were created almost one hundred years ago.
Biography of Alan:
Alan Oliver started trading in 1989 just after the stock market crash of 1987. Working for Westpac and ANZ, his background into finance eventually led into share trading. Through the in-depth research into Gann methods and technologies over several decades, he has gained a rare understanding of these tools and developed a loyal following of traders with his simple, step by step approach to displaying the benefits of Gann techniques.
Alan can be contacted at www.tradingwithgann.com.
12:00 - 1:15 pm: Lunch
1:15 - 2:00 pm: Market Analysis - this session can be a good opportunity to suggest a few stocks, FX, Commodities or Indices for analysis by the members.
2:00 - 3:45 pm: How to place Option Trades on Implied Volatility's Option Trading Platform by Tim Young
This is an opportunity to a member's only look at how to place trades on Implied Volatility's option trading platform. It is the most advanced options trading platform & analytics in Australia - powering 60% of retail flow.
Some of the platform’s attributes are:
• Trade option combos straight through the screen - build a trading strategy and execute up to 4 options legs as a single trade (TMC) straight through our platform.
• Options Backtesting - Australia's first Options Backtesting platform, with hourly data going back to 2015. Test and optimise strategies and tick time forward to see how a trade would have performed, including exchange fees and brokerage.
• Stock Screener - a unique stock screener filtering assets by Price, Volatility, Rank and other fundamental data.
We may watch a few of Implied Volatility's educational videos if time permits.
3:45 pm: Close of the meeting
Tea, coffee and nibblies will be availble during the meeting and there will be a morning and afternoon break.
Lunch: there is a café in the Sunnybank Community and Sports club for a sit-down meal as well as restaurants (including take away) at the nearby Chinese Market Square. There is a kitchen with a refrigerator for those bringing lunch.
Further Information: Tim Young - Brisbane ATAA Chapter President
Next Meeting Date: 10 July 2021
Future meetings: 7 Aug; 4 Sep; 9 Oct; 6 Nov; 4 Dec 20.
Sunnybank Rugby Club, 470 McCullough Street, Sunnybank, 4109, Queensland. The club house is located about 50 metres from the Sunnybank Community and Sports Club and overlooks the main oval with parking in front of the building. If you have trouble finding the location please call Tim 0414873003.
How to attend this meeting
The meeting is free to members and visitors and all attendees are required to register for this event.
Non-Members - To Register for this meeting:
- Non-members will need to be a registered as a visitor to attend this session. If you are already a registered visitor, please logon with your existing details.
- If you are new to the ATAA, please sign up to the website as a registered visitor at no cost, by clicking on the “Join ATAA” button in the top right hand corner of the home page. Follow the prompts and enter your details to become a Registered Visitor. This will also allow you access to view the benefits of becoming a member including being sent our monthly newsletter.
- After logging on, select the event you are interested in attending from the home page and click on the “REGISTER” button at the bottom of the page.
- On the registration confirmation page, enter your payment details or your first time visitor coupon code and click on the “PROCESS REGISTRATION” button.
- A link with the meeting details will be sent to your email address.
|Event Date||Sat 19 June 2021 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||Sat 19 June 2021 4:00 pm|
|Individual Price||Free for members|
|Location||Sunnybank Rugby Club|