Brisbane Chapter, Face-to-Face Meeting - 15 May 2021
Please note this meeting will only be free to ATAA members and registered visitors.
ATAA Brisbane Chapter Face-to-Face Meeting - Saturday, 15 May 2021 commencing at 9:00 am.
The new meeting dates for 2021: 19 June; 10 July; 7 August; 4 September; 9 October; 6 November; 4 December.
New meeting venue: The Sunnybank Rugby Club is located about 50 metres from the Sunnybank Community and Sports Club and overlooks the main oval with parking at the front of the building. If you have trouble finding the location please call Tim 0414873003.
9:00 - 9:30 am: Meet and greet with tea & coffee
9:30 - 9:50 am: Welcome and Introduction
9:50 - 12:00 am: 12 Steps to a Profitable Trade by Frank Watkins - Pro Trader
Frank is a professional trader, author and technical analysis educator. His broking career started in Adelaide in 1986 in the commodity market by managed “night desks” with direct access to the trading floor of various international exchanges. It was in Adelaide Frank began the education side of his business at the Securities Institute of South Australia.
In 1998, Frank developed Pro Trader, described as ‘the most comprehensive and affordable stock market service available.’ This software was the first to successfully incorporate Darvas scanning capabilities.
Frank is a great advocate of technical analysis and believes that timing the market is more imperative than time in the market. His presentations will be based on the necessity of having a Trading Plan, because whether you are a short-term trader or a long-term investor, your trading plan will give you results provided you have the strength and discipline to follow your plan. The application of the Pro Trader software will be interwoven into the presentations.
The following self-authored booklets will be the workbooks for the day (available for download by registrants):
a) The 12 Steps to a Profitable Trade
• Step one - Global Rules
• step two – The Set-up
• Step Three – Finding the “right” stock
• Step Four – Entry Rules
• Step Five – Confirmation signals
• Step Six – Fine Tuning Your Entry
• Step Seven – Risk management rules
• Step Eight – Money Management Rules
• Step Nine – Order Placement
• Step Ten – Managing the Trade
• Step Eleven – Exit The trade
• Step Twelve - Review
b) The 5 Phase Trade: Profit from Trading the Spec Stocks
• Trading the Spec Stocks
• Definition – What is a spec stock?
• Why Trade Speculative Stocks
• Plan Your Trade and Trade Your Plan!
• The 5 Phase Trade
• Phase 1 (P1) – The Build-up
• Phase 2 (P2) – The Entry
• Phase 3 (P3) – Wait and see
• Phase 4 (P4) - Exit
• Phase 5 – Revision and rejoice
Frank Watkins first traded the Australian stock market during the “Poseidon Boom” in 1969 and traded intermittently from then until 1979 when gold prices soared. In 1979 and 1980 he became very involved in the market during “The Gold Boom” and has been heavily involved since. He is an Authorised Representative AFSL holder.
Frank has had an involvement in software development since 1986 and in 1998 Pro Trader was developed as a unique software application.
Frank has been a regular speaker at ATAA (Australian Technical Analysts Association) meetings across Australia and at STANZ (Society of Technical Analysts New Zealand) meetings as well as AIA (Australian Investors Association) meetings. He has presented various lunchtime lectures at the ASX in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and at the Singapore Exchange. He can be contacted on:
12:00 - 1:15 pm: Lunch
1:15 - 3:45 pm: Frank Watkins continues
3:45 pm Close of the meeting
Tea, coffee and nibblies will be availble during the meeting and there will be a morning and afternoon break.
Lunch will be at the Sunrise Espresso cafe in the Sunnybank Community and Sport Club. There are take-away shops at Market Square nearby. There is a kitchen with a refrigerator for those bringing lunch.
Further Information: Tim Young - Brisbane ATAA Chapter President
Next Meeting Date: 19 June 2021
Future meetings: 10 Jul; 7 Aug; 4 Sep; 9 Oct; 6 Nov; 4 Dec 20.
Sunnybank Rugby Club, 470 McCullough Street, Sunnybank, 4109, Queensland. The club house is located about 50 metres from the Sunnybank Community and Sports Club and overlooks the main oval with parking in front of the building. If you have trouble finding the location please call Tim 0414873003.
How to attend this meeting
The meeting is free to members and visitors and all attendees are required to register for this event.
Non-Members - To Register for this meeting:
- Non-members will need to be a registered as a visitor to attend this session. If you are already a registered visitor, please logon with your existing details.
- If you are new to the ATAA, please sign up to the website as a registered visitor at no cost, by clicking on the “Join ATAA” button in the top right hand corner of the home page. Follow the prompts and enter your details to become a Registered Visitor. This will also allow you access to view the benefits of becoming a member including being sent our monthly newsletter.
- After logging on, select the event you are interested in attending from the home page and click on the “REGISTER” button at the bottom of the page.
- On the registration confirmation page, enter your payment details or your first time visitor coupon code and click on the “PROCESS REGISTRATION” button.
- A link with the meeting details will be sent to your email address.
|Event Date||Sat 15 May 2021 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||Sat 15 May 2021 4:00 pm|
|Individual Price||Free for members and registered visitors|
|Location||Sunnybank Rugby Club|