Brisbane February Meeting - F2F
Please note: the April 2023 meeting will be moved to Saturday 15th because of the Easter week-end.
ATAA Brisbane Chapter Face-to-Face Meeting - Saturday, 11 February 2023 at 9:30 am.
9:00 - 9:30: Meet and greet with tea & coffee
9:30 - 9:55: Welcome and Introduction
9:55 - 12:00: Study of the Investing Methods as setout in Colin Nicholson's book 'Building Wealth in the Stock Market - a proven Investment Plan for finding the Best Stocks and Managing Risk' - (to be moderated by Tim Young).
A continuation of last month's book study by commencing at Chapter 2-page 18 and continuing through Chapters 3,4 and the start of Chapter 5.
• Winners think differently.
• What is required to succeed as an investor?
• Road map of an investment plan.
• Asset class and performance target.
About Colin Nicholson:
Colin Nicholson has been investing his own money in Australian shares for over 45 years. He is one of the very few teachers of investing who has published his investment return each year. Colin has taught both technical analysis and fundamental analysis for FINSIA, and wrote the subject notes for the two technical analysis subjects offered by Kaplan. Colin has retired from accepting speaking engagements.
His seminal book 'Building Wealth in the Stock Market' provides a complete model for investing successfully and safely in bull and bear markets. As an experienced investor and teacher, he shares with readers his own investment plan – one that has been honed over 40 years and has seen Colin consistently beat the market and his target rate of return.
Everything in his investing method is fully disclosed simply and with a minimum of market jargon. The central idea is how to manage risk in order to grow capital and secure a stream of dividends. The various risks to be managed are explained, along with strategies for managing them. Colin’s book is essentially a trading / investing course and we will use this book as a study guide over the next 5-6 meetings to gain a working knowledge of Colin’s methods.
Colin and the ATAA: He has been a highly rated speaker at many AIA and ATAA national conferences and has written five books on investing and written for Shares magazine, Smart Investor magazine, The Australian Financial Review, BRW. Colin is an honorary life member and past national president of the ATAA
12:00 - 1:00: Lunch
1:00 - 2:30: Trading the Charts
This session will look at Index, FX, Commodities and Stock chart analysis.
Don Clarke will present the results of the Weekly Trend Following Strategy.
2:30 - 3:30: Continuation of the Study of the Investing Methods as setout by Colin Nicholson
3:30: Meeting close.
Further Information: Tim Young - Brisbane ATAA Chapter President - 0414873003
Next Meeting Date: 11 March 2023
Speaker: Alan Clement
Future meetings: Usually held on the second Saturday of the month (except January). The April meeting will be on the 15 April because of the Easter weekend.
143 Ann Street, Brisbane CBD
The Brisbane chapter will be meeting at 143 Ann Street, Brisbane CBD, Presbyterian Church Administration building (the entrance is set-back from the street).
For those parking off-site, or coming by public transport, entrance to the building is via the front door; please ring one of the following numbers to get in:
Jerry Bongard: 0414 204 670
Tim Young: 0414 873 003
Car parking details below:
The closest car park is the King George Square car park. Saturday $10 for 8 hours.
Wickham Terrace car park: Saturday $5 all day. (Both are Brisbane City Council car parks).
Post Office Square Car Park
Entrance: 223-235 Adelaide Street, Brisbane
Saturday: $16 – 24 hours
The Myer Centre car park
Entrance: 66 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane
Saturday: $11 exit before 7pm.
How to attend this meeting:
The meeting is free to members and visitors and all attendees are required to register for this event.
Non-Members - To Register for this meeting:
- Non-members will need to be a registered as a visitor to attend this session. If you are already a registered visitor, please logon with your existing details.
- If you are new to the ATAA, please sign up to the website as a registered visitor at no cost, by clicking on the “Join ATAA” button in the top right hand corner of the home page. Follow the prompts and enter your details to become a Registered Visitor. This will also allow you access to view the benefits of becoming a member including being sent our monthly newsletter.
- After logging on, select the event you are interested in attending from the home page and click on the “REGISTER” button at the bottom of the page.
- On the registration confirmation page, enter your payment details or your first time visitor coupon code and click on the “PROCESS REGISTRATION” button.
- A link with the meeting details will be sent to your email address.
|Event Date||Sat 11 February 2023 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||Sat 11 February 2023 4:00 pm|
|Individual Price||Free for members - Registered visitors $40|
|Location||New location: 143 Ann St., Brisbane City|