Brisbane Chapter, Sat, 18 Jan 2020 at 9:30 am
Visitors are welcome. First visit free, subsequent visits $40.
9:30–9:45: Welcome and Introduction
9:45–12:00: Ramifications of a Probability-based Trading approach by Chris Shea
In this interactive session Chris will outline the technical analysis implications for probability-based trading:
- How does technical analysis assist with a trader’s decisions of when to buy, sell, hold, add and take profits?;
- The strengths and limitations of technical analysis;
- The interactive component will look at a probability experiment including an analysis of 50 trades in a ‘game’ format.
In addition, Chris will review some of the conscious and more importantly sub-conscious factors that can spoil or enhance effective technical decisions and good trading profits.
Bio for Chris Shea:
Chris had been trading for over 30 years. Since 2000 Chris has worked as a trading coach for both institutional and private clients. Chris has worked with hundreds of prospective and successful traders; he knows what it takes.
His professional focus is on the psychological requirements that integrates durable technical analysis for consistent trading success. He has developed strategies for traders to eliminate counterproductive behaviours and enhance desirable qualities that ensure consistent trading success.
12:00–1:00: Lunch (Chris will be having lunch with us)
1:00–3:25: Now, let’s Chart – facilitated by Tim Young
Watch out for the stock market crash! What crash….??
With the stock markets at all-time highs, it may be appropriate to looks a few charts in the overseas market for guidance to help understand the current risk in the market (risk-on or risk-off);
- World market analysis
- Technical indicators to determine market tops and bottoms: Double tops and Head & shoulders;
- Can overbought/ oversold indicators help in this quest? Will look at RSI and Stochastic;
- Other market qualitative and quantitative measures.
Member input is necessary.
3:30: Meeting close
Please note: There will be a break in both the morning and afternoon sessions with coffee, tea and nibbles provided throughout the day. The location is next to the Logan Central Plaza where take-away foods is available. The room has a kitchenette and those bringing lunch can use the fridge.
Next meeting date: Saturday, 8 February 2020
Next meeting venue: Community Meeting Room 2, Logan Central Library, 26 Wilbur St, Logan City, 4114.
Further information: Tim Young, Brisbane ATAA Chapter President 0414873003.
Next meeting speaker: TBA
2020 meetings: Held on the 2nd Saturday of each month except for the January being the 3rd Saturday (18 January) and April being the 1st Saturday (4 April)
- Sat, 18 Jan 2020 09:30 AM
Powered by iCagenda