Brisbane Chapter, Sat, 9 Mar 2019 at 9:30 am
Visitors are welcome. First visit free, subsequent visits $40.
9:30 – 9:50 Welcome and Introduction
9:50 – 12:00 Exchange Traded Equity Options: an Introduction by Tim Young
The session will commence with a Youtube video by Jim Kwick titled ‘Speed learning: learn in half the time’ wherein he says “some people don’t learn because they think their ‘cup’ is full or they know it already. To learn we have to forget what we think we know and have a beginner’s mind”.
This session will be looking at:
- Financial derivatives explained;
- Stock trading v’s options;
- Risks involved with options;
- What is an option contract;
- Option premium;
- Option strike price;
- Calls & puts;
- How to buy calls; and
- How to handle market downturns
This should be an interesting introduction to Exchange Traded Equity Options, suitable for the beginner as well as those wanting to refresh their knowledge. There will be time for questions during the session as the aim is to learn the basics.
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
1:00 – 2:00 My Trading Systems by Bobbey Pawagi
Bobbey is an ATAA Brisbane member and sits on the ATAA National board. He has been trading full-time for 5 years and has experience in currencies, futures and commodities. He also manages a portfolio of automated trading systems.
In his presentation, Bobbey will speak about the following trading tools:
- He uses TradingView.com on daily basis because it is easy to use and helps him keep up-to-date specific prices and markets condition. TradingView is a US based online global platform for researching financial markets with real-time data. Its blogging facility allows him to share his trading ideas in the public chat room. (www.tradingview.com).
- He uses Trade View Investments for system development and automated trading. Trade View is a privately held proprietary trading firm located in Melbourne and has a strong technology focus giving its traders the very latest trading and information platforms with real time data. It uses a systematic approach to trading by following a set of mechanical rules developed by its proprietary models.
Bobbey says the big benefit in using Trade View’s platform is it allows him to build, test, and automate his strategies without coding a single line. (www.tradeview.com.au).
2:00 – 3:25 Trading with Candlestick (continued) – a Topic Discussion Group facilitated by Greg Rowbottom
This session will build on the previous discussion groups Greg has facilitated and will follow the following format:
Recent Market Index Performance:
- US Indexes and will include the latest video by Steve Bigalow (4 minutes); Steve gives free access to his videos and other resources at www.candlestickforum.com.
- S&P/ASX 200 (XJO);
Recap, Q & A and discussion of major trend reversal candlestick signals and patterns.
Discussion will focus on the following topics; and will include ASX chart examples:
- 8 EMA
- Kicker signals
- Doji Combination patterns (indecision and decisions made)
An analysis of the candlestick signals and patterns found in a selection of popular ASX stock charts.
3:30 pm: Meeting close
Please note: There will be a break in both the morning and afternoon sessions with coffee, tea and nibbles provided throughout the day. The location is next to the Logan Central Plaza where take-away foods is available. The room has a kitchenette and those bringing lunch can use the fridge.
Next meeting Date: Saturday 13th April
Next Meeting Venue: Community Meeting Room 2, Logan Central Library, 26 Wilbur Street, Logan Central, Logan City QLD 4114
Next speaker: To be Advised
Future meetings: Generally the second Saturday of each month except for January (3rd Saturday).
- Sat, 09 Mar 2019 09:30 AM
Powered by iCagenda