Brisbane Chapter, Sat, 8 Sep 2018 at 9:00 am SHARP
9:00 am–3:45 pm: Price Trend Analysis Workshop by Gary Burton
This FREE workshop is only for ATAA members. Places are limited to 25 as each participant will be required to sit at a table to allow the exercises to be completed in the supplied 68 page manual. Non-members must join the ATAA before Monday 3 September and a place will be guaranteed. To join go to ATAA.asm.au/Membership/How to Join. Once joining you must phone Tim Young on 0414873003 to register a seat at a table.
This workshop is an old school hands-on approach to lay a foundation of “by the book” technical analysis for chart analysis, price action including basic short-term and long-term setups. Applicable to Equities, Futures, Forex and even Crypto currencies. The contents of this workshop will form the building blocks for your own trading system.
The material is designed around the FINSIA* notes used for the ATAA Diploma and the IFTA** certification and will cover:
- Price trends long-term and short-term
- Charting techniques of drawing trendlines, support & resistance
- Price patterns
- Indicators such as RSI and Bollinger Bands
- Stop loss
- Managing risk with % rules
A 68 page manual will be supplied as it will form the core of the ‘hands on’ element in this workshop.
The workshop is being facilitated by Gary Burton who has a 20 year record as a technical analyst. His professional qualifications are:
- Certified Financial Technical Analyst with IFTA (CFTe 2004) and has
- ADA 1 & 2 Derivatives accreditation.
- Has 7 Years Desk Broking 2007 – 2013 (ETO focus) with Macquarie Bank, RBS Morgans, Wilson HTM
- Member of the Australian Professional Technical Analysts Association (APTA)
- Past National ATAA Vice president and President of the Sydney chapter.
- Gary’s current work profile includes:
- Sky business lunchtime guest & Your money Your Call
- Technical Analyst with Thomson Reuters - Australian and US equities
- First Prudential (fpMarkets) – Commodities
- Contributor to ‘Your Trading Edge’ magazine: Commodities Corner
- Contributor to Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities Review (a US monthly magazine)
This workshop will suit both beginners and experienced technical analysts as Gary will answer all your questions.
The ATAA is a not-for-profit membership association run by volunteers and focuses on providing educational and networking opportunities for ATAA members and registered visitors. Revenues are obtained through membership fees.
- *FINSIA is the professional body in Australia and New Zealand for the financial services industry
- **IFTA is the International Federation of Technical Analysts
12:00–12:30 pm: Lunch
12:30 – 3:45 pm: Price Trend Analysis Workshop continues
3:45 pm: Meeting Close
iNext meeting: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 9:30am - 3:30pm
Next Meeting Venue: Community Meeting Room 2, Logan Central Library, 26 Wilbur Street, Logan Central, Logan City QLD 4114
Next speaker: To Be Advised
Future meetings: Generally of the second Saturday of each month.
- Sat, 08 Sep 2018 09:30 AM
Powered by iCagenda